Sunday 23 May 2010

screaming africans

May 17,2010


On Monday mornings I always try to think of something catchy to call my emails. Right now I am in the ghetto internet shop and there are a bunch of Africans in the phone booths yelling at people. I really will miss Africans. One of them will go from yelling to telling the person "God is great." I think she just said "nacho face." back to yelling...

Xavier is still going strong. We had him read the baptismal questions and he said he was ok with everything. We have taught him every commandment, just have lesson five left. We are re-going over the restoration on Monday night. We ask him every rendez-vous how the law of chastity is going. Sometimes he tries to be sassy and says silly things like "how do you think it is going" and then he answers us correctly. His way of avoiding temptation at the beginning of the week was to stay out of his apartment until he was tired. Now he just reads like half of the book of Mormon. He had told us a while ago that he could never see us on Fridays, but I figured now that he is a commandment abiding citizen, we called him on Thursday morning and told him there was a young adult activity on Friday night and asked him if he would come. He said yes. So then we called Natacha who is in our ward and is in charge of the young adults and asked her to send out a text saying that there was a movie night at the church. She did and told everyone to bring crepes. 11 people showed up, 3 were amis, 4 less actives, and 4 active people.

Something kinda funny. I think it was Wednesday that we were on a metro and this guy got out a bible and tried to talk to us in slovique. I don't know what that language that is in English, it is what they speak in the country that broke off from Czech. Anyway, he was trying to get to a parish or something like that. We ended up spending an hour trying to find this place and decided to just take him to a red cross that we knew of. We got there and he wanted us to go in and translate for him but we never had any idea what he was saying. Luckily there were some kids who knew a little bit and were able to help him. On the same metro was the Russian lady we met forever ago and she told us she had given us the wrong number and would like to see us in a week. Pretty fantastic.

Read President Uchtdorf's priesthood session talk. Pretty fantastic. A little harder to put it into practice, but I am trying.

Oh, something weird. In the MTC, Soeur Gifford and I would teach someone named Frere Emery. He is now in my ward. It was weird seeing him on Sunday.

Story of Elder Dohrman and no bake cookies He gave me a jar of peanut butter and asked me to make him no bake cookies and so I did. I still had half a jar and he told me to make some for the baptism. So I did, thinking he meant for other people so I put them out on the buffet table. He walked up to me and was like "I didn't mean for other people at the baptism, I meant for you to give them to me at the baptism!" the rest of the night he would be like "oh, I see Noemi really likes those no bakes." which, was true. The French people do love no bake cookies.

Headed to Brussels for Soeur Curran’s legality on Friday. We get to chill there for like an hour and half. Pretty exciting.

Have a good week everyone! Pictures next time!

camille

No comments:

Post a Comment