Monday 2 November 2009

New in France November 2

Hey family
So much has happened since my last email, I wish we could have emailed when we got here! Leaving the mtc was not tough, but leaving all my friends was! Lots of good memories!

My first area is Versailles, I feel like I am walking around in a painting! So beautiful! My companion is Soeur Roberts who is from Salt Lake and has been here a year! She is the coolest best trainer I could ever get!

The plane ride was fine, the sleep was awful. I had to make myself sleep because they started showing all my favorite TV shows...pretty tough not to watch. After our plane landed, president and one of the assistants picked us up and we went on the metro and started contacting! Insane. We started at Notre dame and just walked around Paris for a couple hours!

We went back and relaxed at the mission home in Le Vesinet and had a testimony meeting and went to bed. The next day we had a couple different talks with different leadership position missionaries. One of the things they said is no blogs. I can open attachments now! Then we all found out who our trainers were and where we were headed. Eventually we all met and were off! All those goodbyes were tough, but had to be done.

Not gonna lie, this week has been REALLY TOUGH. I think it would be easier for me to think of a day that didn't start with tears. Luckily it's getting better and Soeur Roberts is awesome and understanding.

We don't have any contacts right now, hopefully we get some soon. I can't remember what day it was but was decided to give a Book of Mormon away and we prayed about it a lot. We were headed to an appointment and ended up on a wrong train, then a wrong platform. On the wrong platform, we started talking to a girl and right when we started testifying about the Book of Mormon this weird random old guy came up and started saying how it should be the Book of Mormons because Mormon didn't exist and it wasn't true. While he was ranting her train came up and we were able to give her the book and our number. Hopefully she calls!

Yesterday at church this American family, The Simmons invited us over for dinner. Their parents were visiting from Scottsdale and took the pictures of us that you got. They are going to call you when they return to the states in about 2 weeks. It was good to have a taste of America, even though I've only been gone a week.

Love and miss you all more than you could ever imagine,

Soeur Camille

p.s. We might go see Lion King on Broadway!


No comments:

Post a Comment