Sunday 13 June 2010

Top 5

June 2, 2010

Dear Fam,

Top five this week, because yeah...badminton at the church was just too fun.

5. We had interviews this week! Even though I had only like 20 minutes to talk to president it was so good. I also found out that 2 sister areas are closing....bummer! I had studied the spirit world this week and had some questions about it. They were figured out. I also got a package from TONIA that day! love ya kid! We also gave a gift to 2 elders...we found this lovely picture in our garbage room and decided to give it to one of the elders since he is training. They love it:)

4. Probably the 3 kilos I hope I've lost from all the walking I've been doing...buses just don't like to work when you think they would so some days we are walking like 1 hour straight! And then getting to where we are going and the person not being there...

3. We did a pass-by from an old potential ami and they ended up not living there anymore. We started to walk away and I saw this door and I said "hey, let's port this." it was a young mom who had a 2 year old and a 5 month old. She was born Muslim, but fell away and searched for her own way of practicing it. We asked her if she would be interested in meeting with us and she said sure. Hopefully that pans out!

2. Xavier got a calling! He was called as a ward missionary in preparation to become the ward mission leader!!!! I couldn't believe it! That is just crazy! He didn't bless the sacrament today, they had him pass the sacrament. Something that was kinda funny, here they don't ask people before the meetings if they will say the prayers and so they just announced that Xavier was giving it.. OH! Funny thing, we were teaching him on Thursday outside the church and president staheli showed up because he has a meeting. he came up and said that he wanted to meet Xavier real quick and I was like "yep, this is Xavier!

1. VIKTORYIA! She is sooo cool and so good. We had a good rendez-vous with the Ahrets and another good surprise rendez-vous when we went to help her daughter with English on Sunday when her husband was there. She made some really good Russian food for us! Her husband works in Paris during the week and is only home on the weekends. Such a good time and I am so excited for this week! Tuesday for more English and Sunday another rendez-vous!

Love you all lots!
camille

1 comment:

  1. Camille,
    I LOVE reading about your mission and all the growth you are getting to witness and experience! Keep it up!
    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete