Wednesday 23 December 2009

December 19, 2009

Dear family
Sad news, we lost our car. They combined 2 areas this transfer and those missionaries have a greater need than us so it is back to trains and buses and walking. That’ll be ok.

On Sunday, it snowed, but only a little. Soeur Roberts was a bit sad, wishing for more, but I was just fine. However, Thursday and Friday it snowed a lot more and has stuck around. Wonder how much Soeur Roberts will love it now that we are walking around in it.

Jess, oh how my heart rejoices! On Sunday she came to church. Relief society was great. Ami class was good, taught by the missionaries on faith. After ami class I noticed Joy, her daughter, wasn't with us or her grandmother, but then we walked into sacrament meeting and Joy was with her dad who has never been interested in the church! He came to church! So stoked! I loved seeing their little family together at church! They ended up staying at the church the whole day, watched the Christmas devotional and listened to the stake choir concert. Sadly, the English translation thing wasn't working so I had to listen to it in French. However, all was great, Jess loved church and is going to come tomorrow with her whole family again! We taught her the plan of salvation and she said she felt like it answered all the life questions. This week she is going on vacation to visit her family and we are making her a little card with scriptures about Jesus in the book of Mormon to read everyday.

Justine, we met with her last Saturday night and taught the restoration. She accepted everything we taught and didn't think having visions or seeing angels was weird. She didn't come to church last Sunday because she had some family stuff, but is coming tomorrow and we are meeting with her after church to teach the plan of salvation. We will try to extend a baptismal commitment probably next week.

I don't know if I told you about the missionary Christmas choir, but there is one and I am in it. We have a concert tonight about 2 hours away from where I live and tomorrow night one in Versailles. The woman in charge was saying that her husband who is a movie producer may film it and put in on you tube for all of the moms. So yeah, I'll let you know how that goes.

I got a card from Melba Wilkins yesterday. She said that the primary program was the best ever this year. I forgot I was a bishop's kid until I got that card and she talked about dad as a bishop.

Thus far our Christmas plans have yet to be finalized. All we know for sure is that we are going to mass on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day. I am planning on chilling on the couch and reading Jesus the Christ. Oh, we are going to the mission home for breakfast. I told dad about my baby book of Mormon. I am halfway through Mosiah and decided next time through I am writing a commentary.


France and Christmas. Everyone buys really tiny Christmas trees and uses blue lights. Everywhere has blue Christmas lights because of the European Union. There is this thing called raclette that everyone eats that we will eat.

Yesterday on the train we met a woman named Annie and she works at the museum d'orsay and offered to get me in for free! She gave us her phone number and said for us to call her when we want to go. I think we may try to get permission to go in like 2 weeks so we can go while she still remembers us and we get to work on teaching her! That would be great!

I love you all and can't wait to talk to you!

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment