Sunday 13 February 2011

nothing compares to a liège gauffre...

Janurary 31, 2011

Dear family,

This week was quite the week for us...we were very busy!

We went and saw Ngwang and Ani, however Ngwang wasn't there and another friend of their's was. He understands English perfectly and didn't superly appreciate that we were there teaching them about Christianity. It is very hard with the language barrier and we aren't sure if they actually want to learn from us.

We went on exchanges to Liège. It was on that exchange that I truly became grateful that I will not serve in Belgium as I am pretty sure I would gain about 20 kilos...the gauffres and chocolate is to DIE for! I stocked up on some Belge chocolate to share with you all. We were exchanging with Soeur England and soeur Williams and it was fun. Soeur Williams and I went to see a member of the ward who is blind and we read her a conference talk and I hemmed her dress. She told me that I have a beautiful voice:) It was fun to see Soeur England again and we just talked about our missions and our parents’ trips to come and get us. It was a very good exchange :)

Our rendezvous with Nicole did not turn out how I thought it would. We took a member named Marianne with us who is amazing. We talked with Nicole about how she felt since she has stopped seeing the missionaries. She said that she feels a comfortable void in her life, is missing the mental sharpness that she felt when she met with the missionaries. We talked about the Spirit and how the Spirit speaks to each of us and it was going really good. Marianne asked her three really good questions.
what she would do if she received an answer that the church was true? If she was ready to change her life? If she would be willing to come to church in Evry every Sunday and hold a calling? We told her that she wouldn't receive an answer unless she was willing to do those things and the rendezvous just kinda ended on that note. When we left the rendezvous we met this lady on the bus named Natalie who was super excited to meet us and we gave her a book of Mormon. She said that she would come to church...but she didn't. hopefully this next week!

Saturday...oh Saturday...the day of the transfer email, when we found out that I would not spend my last transfer with Soeur Turney :( She is going to Liège to be with Soeur England and Soeur Williams and then next transfer, when soeur England goes home it will just be the 2 of them! I know that she will do great. My new companion is Soeur Edgerly, who was trained in Valenciennes by Soeur Kohler! she is pretty excited to come down and be in a Paris area. I am excited to serve with her, but sad that Soeur Turney is going all the way up to Belgium! She did make me an amazing planner cover for my last transfer [every transfer I decorate my planners so that they stay in shape and aren't boring.]
We taught Yue. We decided to teach the word of wisdom and I got nervous. She would drink coffee to help her stay awake to study. We went over and taught it, no problems. she understood it and agreed with it. She asked our feelings on energy drinks. I didn't know what to say and so I pondered for a moment and said that I felt comfortable in saying that they were against the word of wisdom. I am going to ask president about that one...she said the closing prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help her live the word of wisdom and that when she feels like she wants to drink coffee, to take the temptation away :) This upcoming weekend is going to be a Yue weekend. We are teaching her before a ward activity on Friday and then on Saturday going to Paris for the Paris ward Chinese new year party! SOOOOOO excited for that!

Today we are headed to the Eiffel tower for a champomy Eiffel tower party with a sister who is going home on Wednesday. I will miss her and Soeur Gifford [also headed home on Wednesday] SOOOOOOOO much!

peace and love!

camille

No comments:

Post a Comment