Sunday 27 February 2011

The Boots are Off

February 14. 2011
Dear family,

This week, the boots have come off and I am adjusting to wearing shoes. It is a painful adjustment as I have all my boot calices getting rubbed funny and breaking in the shoes. However, I do like how liberating it feels to not be super layered :)

This week was INSANE with amazing things happening! More so, the weekend, but I will extend it into the week!

On Tuesday, we went porting,(tracting) We were on the bus when I felt like we should get off at a the next stop. The first door we knocked was this elderly man from Laos! We were speaking in French and then he asked if I was from Sweden, when I said no, that I was from America and he FLIPPED out! He was so excited! We talked with him for about 15 minutes and didn't quite make it to talking about the gospel. We left and said that we would definitely be passing back by. At the visitor's center, we picked up one in Laotian with the intention of going back at some point. Saturday and another appointment was moved to Sunday, so we decided to head out to our Laotian friend! We went to his house and he was there and welcomed us in. We visited and he talked about his love for hot dogs and corn on the cob and then we were able to introduce him to the Book of Mormon. He told us that he was waiting for his passport so that he could go back to Laos with his wife who is ill, but that he would read the book. We have a rendez-vous set up for Wednesday and the miracle of it is that had we passed on Sunday, we would not have seen him as he went to Disneyland. I have a very good feeling about this man and hope that we can see him before he heads out to Laos.

Miracles struck again on Sunday morning as we were packing up to head to church. we were already feeling good as Yue was coming to church. I received a text that said "hello Sister Pobst and Sister Turney, I would like to come to church today. She needed directions. The text it was from Natalie, whom we had met on the bus! Sadly, her father passed away this last Wednesday and she said that she opened the Book of Mormon and wanted to come to church with us. I told her how to get to church. She was having a pretty rough time, completely understandable. We have a rendez-vous with her this Thursday at the visitor's center that is going to be awesome.

We met with Yue and taught the law of chastity She told us "I have been living that my whole life, not really knowing why. Now I am going to keep living it since I know it is a commandment from Heavenly Father." She also hadn't realized that she went a whole week and a half not drinking coffee and realized that she doesn't really need it in her life. I just want her to get baptized soooooo bad! We have talked about it, she is already changing so much. We went over the questions and she said that she has a testimony of all of those things and is willing to live all of the commandments...so we will just see.

Here is to another great week of miracles here in Evry! I hope everyone is doing well and having a love filled day! Because Soeur Pobst love you!

camille

No comments:

Post a Comment