October 11, 2010
Last week was good! not a ton happened, but good things did! Enough for a top five countdown!
5. We found a new finding opportunity. Soeur Kohler loves baseball and has been dying to play some b-ball since she has been in France. Our bishop and second counselor go to this place and told us that we should come. We went, she played and I watched. Anyway, she was playing and everyone was VERY eager to talk to the American and learn that we are not a sect [sect is cult is french] and that we use electricity and that we aren't polygamist...next time we go we should be able to fix a couple lessons.
4. Finding! We had lots of time to do some finding this week and we feel that we have struck gold and I am going to need you all to pray for this one....we knocked a door and this youngish looking guy answered. We talked to him about the purpose of life and he said "I think it's to have a family, to be happy, to serve others." umm, did someone just quote the plan of salvation? I think he did! We talked about the plan and he seemed pretty interested and went in the house to get his adorable wife who is pregnant with their first child, a son named Matthias. They were so nice and normal and said that we could come back! We really feel good about this and just want it to work! pray for it! Pray for Charlotte and Cederic!
3. Chantel. I have no idea. She is always happy to see us and is keeping commitments and coming to church. I just really want her to FEEL it and I don't know. Her prayers are starting to change, in a good way. She is starting to act....slowly. She came to church yesterday, but left after sacrament and I didn't really get to talk to her. One of the greatest members in the ward just got back from vacation and we want to take her with us this week.
2. Chernel got the priesthood yesterday! so good! We asked him if he wanted to be a witness for the baptism this Saturday and he said he would if he didn't go to Morocco this week. That's the thing about Europe, it seems that people just go to random countries on a whim.
1. Alexandre. Probably the COOLEST thing YET on my mission....we called Alexandre and said that we needed to know who he wanted to give the talks, the songs, baptize and confirm him. He sent us a text saying that he had asked XAVIER to baptize him! That just made me so excited and so grateful that I get to be here to see this. The only kind of funny thing is that the hymns he picked was "Praise To The Man" and "Come and listen to The Prophet's Voice." That's what happens when your ami spends his time watching old conferences. On Thursday it was Alexandre's baptismal interview and our district leader came to interview him. After we all left the church and we were walking and he asked me if anyone I had taught has gone on a mission....I asked him if he was thinking about going on a mission and he said "well, it's something I'm interested in...I'd really like to go to Canada, I love that country!" I just laughed and I REALLY hope he goes on a mission! Francoise is doing well, continuing to strengthen her testimony. We are really excited for the baptism!!!! iI is going to be great!
I hope you all continue to have a great week! Lots of love from France!